Monday, August 22, 2022

Discourse and Interaction by Pujya Swami Sadyojat Shankarashram at Anand Ashram Kanhangad

 A beautiful discussion on upasana.... do listen in. 



Anand ashram Kanhangad - Discourse 1 by Parama Pujya Shrimat Sadyojat Shankarashram


Folllowed by Interaction with Sadhakas

Pujya Swamiji describes at the end an upasana through a verse from the Devi Gita which is from the Devi Bhagavatam, which I have transcribed 
प्रकाशमानां प्रथमे प्रयाणे
        प्रतिप्रयाणेऽप्यमृतायमानाम् ।
अन्तःपदव्यामनुसञ्चरन्ती-
        मानन्दरूपामबलां प्रपद्ये ॥ ३॥

Having invoked the blessings of the Mother (prakashamaanaam prathame prayaane) – I will say ‘mother’ she is all-pervasive, something as though external – no, I am bringing to my mind she is very much there in the body also, she is  in the muladhara, and when she ascends in the sushmna nadi, she burns of Brahma granthi, Vishnu Granthi, Rudra Granthi, she annihilates, she brings about purification in my karma, power in my emotion, clarity in my understanding, and like fire, in a blaze of light, prakashamaana, she ascends, reaches the sahasrara, aikya with Shiva, and comes down not as prakashamati, but as amrta, pratiprayane – in the return journey, amrtaayamaana – like ambrosia, antahpadamvyaam – in this manner in the antahpadavi – not the external road, but the internal road, that is the sushumna nadi, antahpadamvyaam anusancharanteem, she who does the anusancharana – she goes up, she comes down, purifying me, anandaruupaam , that Devi, abalaam prapadye – I do prapatti, having done the puja, having done the seva, having sung the bhajan, now I am aware of her and so ‘aim’ beeja (in muladhara) – my karma will now be enlightened karma, meaningful karma, doing the anusmarana I will do karma – ie karma-yoga – ‘aim’ the vidya beejam in the muladhara, not just karma, hriim – bhuvanehsvari beeja  in my heart so that my emotions don’t dry out, there is richness in my emotion at the same time all emotions (anger is also an emotion - become bhakti – then I wait for a second in the ajna chakra – for the ajna of the Guru and then Shriim – beeja I do the pratishtha, the fullness – with intelligence complete surrender in the sahasrara, and what do I find in the sahasrara – again the same Guru Paduka…. I offer to Guru – Gurubhyo namah – recite that and after that be quite and do japa.